Here is information on the testing sights provided for COVID-19 testing, These sights are only open for a limited amount of time. Please utilize these sights if you feel it is necessary.
New State Supported COVID-19 Testing Sites Open this Week
BATON ROUGE (May 4, 2020) - New, drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites are opening in Calcasieu Parish this week. The parish operated sites are receiving support from the Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP), the Louisiana National Guard, the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA.) GOHSEP worked with leaders in the parishes to determine where these testing sites would be located.
Here is the official information from the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury-
Drive- Through COVID-19 Testing to Continue Tuesday, May 5
With New Testing Criteria and in New Locations
Testing site schedule includes:
- Tuesday, May 5 - Lake Charles Civic Center - 900 North Lakeshore Drive
- Wednesday, May 6 - West Cal Arena - 401 Arena Road, Sulphur
- Thursday, May 7 - Lake Charles Civic Center - 900 North Lakeshore Drive
- Monday, May 11 - Vinton City Hall - 1200 Horridge Street, Vinton
- Tuesday, May 12 - Dequincy City Hall - 300 North Holly Street, Dequincy
- Wednesday, May 13 - Iowa City Hall - 115 North Thompson Avenue, Iowa
- Thursday, May 14 - Westlake City Hall - 1001 Mulberry Street, Westlake
- Friday, May 15 - To be Announced
Testing will be performed from 9 a.m.-noon each day. A total of 130 tests per day can be performed. Testing criteria has been expanded. To be eligible, residents must be 16 years or older (with ID) and must be a resident of Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron or Jeff Davis parishes.
There is no medical requirement. There is no cost. Residents may begin lining up at 8:30 a.m. Residents who are ill enough to require emergency care should call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. Testing is performed by a Quest Laboratory and the results may take up to 5 days to obtain. A total of 130 tests per day can be performed. No restrooms will be available. No pets are allowed. Residents with questions about the service should call 211.
Participating agencies include:
- Region 5 ESF-8 Health and Medical Coalition
- Louisiana Office of Public Health
- Avail Hospital
- The Louisiana National Guard
- Calcasieu Parish Police Jury
Please practice safe distancing, wash your hands, and wear your mask in public.
BE SAFE AND GOD BLESS!!